Steel portal frame buildings detailed and manufactured to individual requirements and in accordance with British Industrial building design standards, BS 5950 (EN 1993), and to take account of local environmental factors for Building Regulations compliance.
Spans of up to 21m are achieved through the use of high quality fully galvanised ‘low maintenance’ lightweight steel sections bolted together to form strong portal frames. Double or triple spans can be utilised to create larger areas.
The use of galvanised sections provides a durable and long lasting building whilst, the lightweight nature of this type of steel frame can lead to savings in foundation costs (especially on ground requiring piling).
Steel portal framed buildings are normally clad in plastic coated box profile steel sheeting, which is available in a wide range of standard colours. Optional anti-condensation sheeting or insulation (to L2A where required) is also available, and where applicable certified fire rated walls can also be incorporated.
All of our lightweight steel frame buildings are buildings are designed and built to high technical and safety standards using fully engineered galvanised steel sections and Plastisol coated box profile cladding. As we are not tied to any single supplier we are able to source the most appropriate building for your individual requirements.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Fully galvanised steel portal frame (low maintenance)
- Designed and manufactured for use in the UK
- Compliant with British Industrial building design standards BS 5950 / EN 1993
- Full structural calculations included in cost
- Low foundation loadings (can reduce cost of foundations)
- Substantial fully engineered eaves haunch and ridge plates
- Integral wind bracing from steel sections
- Full baseplates, fixed with substantial expanding concrete anchors.
- Plastisol coated galvanised box profile cladding and roofing sheets, single skin or insulated composite panels, fixed in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Compliant with L2A energy conservation regulations where required
- Rooflights compliant with safety requirements are included
- Foam fillers to eaves and ridge
- Bottom edge weather drip around base perimeter
- Secure steel personnel doors
- Industrial quality roller shutter doors
- Plastisol coated galvanised steel box gutters and downpipes
- Windows, mezzanine floors etc. can also be fitted as required.
- Prompt and efficient personal nationwide service
- Erection and cladding on site by factory trained fully insured operatives
- Inclusive of perimeter roof scaffolding and safety nets
- Fully detailed quote and specification
- Planning Application Service if required
- Building kits for self erection if required
- Examples of completed building available throughout the UK
In order to prepare a quotation for we require the following specific details:
- Dimensions – length, width and eaves height
- Building Use
- Level of insulation (if any)
- If you require any brickwork
- Size, position and number of roller shutters / personnel doors / windows etc.
- Site Location – Town or Post Code (Mainland England, Scotland or Wales)
- Call us now on 01743 818366
- Email: email@example.com
- Enquiry Form: Steel Frame Building Price
- Download Steel Portal Framed Building Brochure
- See our article Industrial Buildings, Design Considerations which provides useful information on what you will need to consider when procuring your new building.